Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Thursday Things

Hi friends!

Last weekend we were in Chicago. We spent a couple days hanging out with Mimi and Grandpa and then on Sunday I headed to the annual Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo put on by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. We had to head home on Monday so I was only at the conference for one day and I focused most of my time on the expo. It's a great way to connect with new brands, find new products and see old favorites.

This week in Thursday Things, I thought I'd share my 10 favorite expo finds. Some of these are new products and some have been around a while…but they're all new to me!

Have you tried any of them? Lemme know what you think!

Top 10 New-To-Me Products From FNCE

natures path qi'a superflakes

Nature's Pat Qi'a Superflakes

These are each made with a base of sprouted sorghum flour. I tried the coconut chia flavor. They're gluten-free, super crunchy and have 5g protein, 7g fiber and 6g sugar per serving. Would be a great addition to homemade trail mix!

sunmaid sour raisins

Sunmaid Sour Strawberry Golden Raisins 

These are a fun alternative to plain raisins. They taste like sour patch kids!

safe catch tuna

Safe Catch Elite Garlic Herb Tuna

Normally I just buy plain tuna and season it myself but this garlic herb version was SO GOOD. They have a bunch of other flavors like Chili Lime and Tandoori that I can't wait to try as well. Great with crackers for a quick lunch.

zupa noma

Zupa Noma

This is drinkable soup. It was promoted as the new trend to replace smoothies. They're no-sugar-added and come in tons of flavors. You can drink them from the bottle or put them in a bowl and add some protein to make it a complete meal! I typically make my smoothies at home and add yogurt for protein, peanut butter for healthy fats and some fruits and veggies so I don't see these replacing smoothies for me…but I like the concept and can see them as a great option for those trying to add more veggies throughout the day or looking for a quick veggie base for a meal.

enlightened bean crisps

Enlightened Roasted Broad Bean Crisps

These were absolutely one of my favs. I've seen them in Costco but hadn't actually tried them. They have several spicy flavors as well like sriracha and wasabi and they also have sweet varieties like cocoa dusted and cinnamon. I mixed the sea salt and cinnamon ones together and omg….so good.

switch sparkling juice

The Switch Sparkling Juice

I loved this sparkling juice. The grape tasted just like grape soda. My kids don't get juice often but this would be a fun occasional drink!

karma wrapped nuts

Karma Nuts

These are another great snack option. There are several flavor options but I really loved the cinnamon. They're roasted with their natural skin on for some extra nutritional benefits.

kraut krisps

Farmhouse Cultures Kraut Krisps

I was not expecting to like these. I'm not a sauerkraut fan at all…but I loved these. They're over 50% sauerkraut!

that's it veggie bars

That's It – Veggie Bars

These bars are made with beans and veggies like peas and carrots. I thought they were pretty good and I want to buy some to see if Squish will eat them!

good belly yum berry

Good Belly Straight Shots

Probiotics was a big theme this year. I liked these daily probiotic shots that came in a few different flavors including berry and lemon.

regular girl

Regular Girl

This was another of my favorites. It's a blend of prebiotic fiber and probiotics. It's marketed towards women but anyone can use it, including children. I actually already bought some and am going to try it out on Squish. We've been battling chronic constipation with him since he was born and I'm interested to see if this will help. I'll report back!

 

So those were some of my favorite new and new-to-me products, but of course, it was also fun to catch up with some of my go-to favorite brands:

  • Crazy Richards – A Columbus company and my absolute favorite peanut butter!
  • Siggis – My fav yogurt. I've loved working with them this year.
  • Simple Mills– I'm a huge fan of their crackers and baking mixes but I finally tried their frosting and OMG! Soo good.
  • Kodiak Cakes – I buy their pancake mix in bulk at Costco but finally got to try their pre-made freezer waffles. Yum.
  • La Croix – We buy their grapefruit flavor by the case and I've tried most flavors but we got to taste their newest flavor – key lime! Delish.
  • Dave's Killer Bread – The only bread I buy. We snag the two-loaf pack at Costco every weekend.
  • Banza – I eat mostly wheat pasta but do eat this as well. If you're looking for a gluten-free option, this is a must-try.
  • Sun Butter – I'm a peanut butter girl for sure, but I buy this occasionally, especially if I want to bake something nut-free so Squish can take it for a snack for preschool. I also love that they have single-serving cups.

 

That's it for today! What's the best new product you've discovered lately?

Enjoy!
–Lindsay–

The post Thursday Things appeared first on The Lean Green Bean.



Original Content: Thursday Things

No comments:

Post a Comment